The Writing Hall doesn’t just work with self-publishing authors; it’s also an independent publishing house. Using a traditional publishing model, I select a number of manuscripts each year and purchase the rights from the relevant author to publish their works. The end results appear on TWH’s sister site: hallgoodbooks.com.
There is a limit to the books I accept under contract. That said, I am committed to shining a light on new talent, and to that aim, I have decided to accept submissions that relate to books already published.
Hall Good Books will always do what it says; ALL books on this site will be personally vetted by me, and be an example of what I believe to be damn good reads, based on the years of experience I have in the publishing industry and my knowledge of the book-buying public. Acceptance of your submission is not guaranteed.
There are three scenarios under which I may accept a submission from an author:
- Following the reading of a synopsis and the first three chapters of an unpublished manuscript
- Agreeing to sell and promote an already-published book that needs an edit and a refresh
- Agreeing to sell and promote an already-published book that needs no further work and which is suitable for immediate sale
None of the above require any investment from the author; however, as you’d expect, there are sliding scales relating to the percentage I would deduct from each individual sale, depending on the level of intervention the book eventually warrants.
At the moment, I am open to submissions from all genres, though this may change from time to time.
To submit your work:
- If your manuscript is currently unpublished, please send a synopsis of the works (no more than two A4 pages in length) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If your book is already published, please forward a digital copy of the book to the email address above, or a tangible copy to: The Writing Hall, 33 Mount Pleasant, Ackworth, Pontefract, West Yorkshire WF7 7HU.
There are terms and conditions associated with all offers made to publish and/or sell accepted books. If your submission is accepted a full offer will be forwarded, without obligation.
Hallgoodbooks.com has recently received an injection of capital to boost the marketing of the site, as well as its associated social media platforms. All books accepted onto the site will be part of the campaigns planned.